We are a not for profit, fair trade charity. We exist to combat human trafficking – simple as that. We do this in a few different ways:
• by purchasing hand made products at fair trade prices to provide sustainable income for vulnerable women.
• by partnering with producer groups to help provide appropriate work facilities and training.
• by supporting vulnerable children to prevent human trafficking.
The Starfish Parable
A man goes out on the beach and sees that it is covered with starfish that have washed up in the tide. A little boy is walking along, picking them up and throwing them back into the water. “What are you doing, son?” the man asks. “You see how many starfish there are? You’ll never make a difference”. The boy paused thoughtfully, and picked up another starfish and threw it into the ocean. “It sure made a difference to that one” he said.
• We believe that everyone is important and should be treated with dignity and respect.
• We oppose the many injustices of extreme poverty, particularly human trafficking and sexual slavery.
• We seek to encourage awareness, compassion and a strategic response to make generational change for people living in poverty….one life at a time.
• We support carefully selected organisations of integrity, working especially to empower girls physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and socially.
• We believe that rescue is necessary, but prevention is ideal.
• We believe it is crucial that all children attend school.
• We are about “empowering the privileged to empower the poor”.
The Fasai Home, Thailand (Clear Skies House) provides vulnerable children with safety, education, housing, family support and child sponsorship within a culturally relevant and nurturing environment.
Your donation carries the power to achieve a secure future for these children and their families.
Empower International is a partner for project J974N Fasai Home Upgrade, Thailand with Global Development Group (ABN 57 102 400 993). Your donation of $2 or more is tax deductible within Australia.